Who We Are:
Oregon Mainline Paving is a family-oriented company that has been serving the Pacific Northwest since 1963. We are committed to continuing a legacy of quality highways built with pride and hard work. Our core values are loyalty, relationships, and grit- and we live it on a day- to-day basis. Visit our website https://www.oregonmainline.com to learn more!
Why Work at OMP?
- We truly care about our employees.
- We think of our employees long-term, and members of the team with 20+ years of tenure with us can back that up.
- You could be a part of improving more than 100,000 lane-miles of Oregon’s major highways and roadways throughout 20 different counties.
- We provide benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, FSA, Dependent Care, PTO.
Who You Are:
We are looking for a hard-working, eager individual with a passion for construction. Our new team member will be skilled in building strong relationships with internal and external team members. In addition, you will also have:
- Basic construction industry knowledge;
- Solid understanding of mathematics;
- Basic computer skills and experience in Microsoft Excel;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Valid drivers license;
- Preferably a degree in related field, or 1-5 years of experience with a high school diploma.
What You’ll Do:
The Estimator will be responsible for working with our Chief Estimator on analyzing blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, material, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services. More specifically, you will:
- Review data to determine material and labor requirements;
- Prepare itemized lists;
- Compute cost factors and prepare estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness;
- Review pricing parameters with Department Managers and Construction Manager on materials and labor;
- Conduct special studies to establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions;
- Consult with clients, vendors, subcontractors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues;
- Review and verify pricing packages which are awarded before contract;
- Analyze pricing packages for variances which are unusually different than the median prices from competitors.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.