Who We Are:
Oregon Mainline Paving is a family-oriented company that has been serving the Pacific Northwest since 1963. We are committed to continuing a legacy of building quality highways with pride and hard work. Our core values are loyalty, relationships, and grit- and we live it on a day- to-day basis. Visit our website https://www.oregonmainline.com to learn more!
Why Work at OMP?
- We truly care about our employees.
- We think of our employees long-term, and members of the team with 20+ years of tenure with us can back that up.
- You could be a part of improving more than 100,000 lane-miles of Oregon’s major highways and roadways throughout 20 different counties.
- We are growing!Join a team with a dynamic future positioned for growth and success.
- We provide benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, FSA, Dependent Care, PTO.
Who You Are:
We are looking for a strategic leader with the ability to influence and manage teams toward achieving OMP organizational goals. Our new team member will have:
- Experience managing a team of 15+ (directly or indirectly);
- Passion and proven experience in civil construction;
- Past experience managing large budgets;
- Proven success in building and motivating teams across divisional lines;
- A track record of bringing ideas to life through effectively executing strategic plans;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Masters degree or equivalent relevant experience of 8-10 years.
What You’ll Do:
As a VP of Operations you will be responsible for managing and overseeing all construction operational activities of Oregon Mainline Paving, including but not limited to plant production, estimating, quality control and on-site construction activities. More specifically, you will:
- Work with the President to investigate and pursue new business opportunities, building relationships with owner – agencies, key sub-contractors and material suppliers;
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies and in developing long-range goals and objectives;
- Direct and coordinate activities of departments for which responsibility is delegated to further attainment of goals and objectives;
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine if the responsible departments are progressing toward stated goals and objectives;
- Reviews construction scheduling and quantities on a weekly basis with Project management staff to ensure budget and timelines are being meet, equipment utilization is being optimized and contracts are being fulfilled;
- Formulates recommendations for growth and expansion of existing operations;
- Explores and recommends new avenues of corporate growth which foster the diversification of existing operations;
- Provides technical training for mid-level managers and field personnel in the areas of production, specifications, testing methods and quality assurance measures;
- Reviews governmental discussions and rulings to determine if any changes in legal stipulations will have any effect on company activities;
- Confer with the President and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions;
- Serve as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.