This position is responsible for providing technical engineering and cost information to ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards for assigned construction projects ranging in size from $1 – $60 million.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
- Interpret design/drawings for craft workers installing material to ensure specifications are followed.
- Interface with all on-site departments as required, to resolve problems, ensure quality construction, in order to support overall project schedule.
- Research and recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interference, and errors, to verify that all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawing and specifications.
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, to supervisor to provide accuracy.
- Provide technical support and direction regarding project material controls including delivery dates, construction schedules and design requirements to ensure additional costs are minimized.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, and estimates to meet changing job requirements.
- Provide necessary building control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials to ensure a quality job.
- Develop job essential data including quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man hour, and equipment to ensure accurate estimates and bids.
- Research historical data and productivity analysis reports in order to compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- May supervise, direct, and mentor project staff to ensure individual development and that project standards are met.
- Assist in representing company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.